Monday, 6 October 2008

Kalahari 2008

Tina and Jen decided that we should return to Kalahari Water Park in 2008, especially since the expansion was complete. Tina booked the trip. We got a good rate staying Sunday to Monday. Of course that meant the boys would miss a day of school, but no one seemed concerned.

We left late Sunday morning. US Customs was about a 30 minute wait. About 20 minutes later we were enjoying breakfast at Denny's in Monroe. The boys were excited.

About an hour or so later, we arrived at Kalahari in Sandusky, Ohio. It wasn't as crazy as last year. Tina went in to get our passes and check in. Our room was ready, so we unloaded the van and then parked it (finding a sweet spot near the main walkway).

Not shortly after, the Joe and Jen pulled in and they checked in.

We changed into our swimsuits and headed down to the waterpark. It was huge. The expansion doubled the size of the facility and added a wave pool, another surfing ride, and bunch of new waterslides. The new part included a deck which increased the room for lounging around.

The younger boys spent their time in the kids waterpark. Corbin and I checked out some of the new slides. He also did the 'toilet' slide, where you swirl around in a bowl and then fall through a hole into the waiting pool.

The major hit was the wave pool. At first, Tina and I tried it out, but it didn't seem all that exciting. We gave it a second look later and it was fun.

We munched on some pizza and then did some more waterparking. Then it was time to head up to the rooms to celebrate some birthdays - Corbin's and Jen's oldest boy's. We had cake and they opened presents.

Our package this year included breakfast. So the four of us went down before it got too busy. It was buffet style, but the selection was great. Tina and I filled up, as did the boys. Then it was time to pack, change into swimsuits, load the van up, and enjoy a few more hours in the water park.

It was a great time with friends. It could become an annual tradition.

Posted by Adam