Saturday 15 September 2007

Birthday Party and Toilet Fun

Jeremy and Corbin went to a birthday party today, leaving me alone to get some work done around the house. The toilet was not flushing well and was slowly running all the time.

I bought a new valve - a quiet one that sits low to the bottom of the tank. Unfortunately the rigid water connection pipe did not quite meet with the valve, so I had to go out and by a new flexible pipe. No more water running. One problem fixed and a new problem added.

Now the toilet does not completely flush and there is slow leak when ever the water is flushed. Argh. I'm going to have to kick out Tina and boys one weekend so I can take the toilet off, put on a new wax gasket, install new bolts and reconnect and see of the leaking is stopped and if the flushing works properly.

Or I could by a new toilet - still need to deal with the bolts. Ah, the joys of home ownership.

Posted by Adam

No comments: